Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Welcome... the adventure begins soon. On October 20th, I'll fly from Anchorage, Alaska to Las Vegas, Nevada to pick up the camper van that will be my home away from home for two months. During that time, I'll be meandering the country in search of stories, connecting with others and documenting what life has been like during the pandemic - people, communities, places, landscapes. I'll be sharing a window into these encounters in the way of photographs, videos and writings here within this blog, as well as on the Facebook page, Behind the Mask - Our Stories.

My short-term goals are to inspire a community of storytelling and connection across the miles as I chronicle glimpses into how lives are being lived during the pandemic. My long-term goals include the creation of a coffee table book and a traveling exhibit.

Should you like to make a donation to help offset project expenses, you can do so here, Go Fund Me All donors will receive recognition on this blog and the Facebook page, as well as within the coffee table book and traveling exhibit, and, will receive personalized postcards from the road! Thanks to all of these individuals who have already donated - Taz Tally, Terry Talbot, Janet Higley, Susan Braund and Chris Long - thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind consideration and generosity!

I hope you'll follow my journey and perhaps be inspired to share your own story of what life has been like for you during these unprecedented pandemic times. I encourage you to share your story, little bits here and there or a whole lot all at once - with me, with a friend, a neighbor, a family member, a coworker, anyone willing to lend an ear. When we show up to share our stories, we give ourselves, and others, permission to belong somewhere...

Blessings to you, wherever your journey finds you today...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Co-Pilot Sneaky