Monday, October 12, 2020

One Week To Departure!

"For listening to the stories of others... is a kind of water that breaks the fever of our isolation. If we listen closely enough, we are soothed into remembering our common name." Mark Nepo

I created Behind the Mask - Our Stories in May 2020, inviting others to share photos that provided a small glimpse into life during the pandemic. In doing so, I was eager to create a community of storytelling while learning how others were coping, or not coping, to these unprecedented times. These are just a few of the images that were shared early on and I am incredibly grateful to everyone who posted them, inspiring the evolution to taking this documentary project on the road.

Beginning October 20th and through mid December, I'll be traveling across the country, searching out stories, connecting with others and documenting how the pandemic has impacted, people, places and perspectives. My short-term goal is to create a community of storytelling and connection and my long term goal includes producing a coffee table book of images and a multi-media traveling exhibit. I hope you'll follow along and share your own story! 

 Thank you to the following individuals who have made donations to my Go Fund Me to help offset project expenses. Chris Long, Ed and Sara Berg, Emily Ward, Janet Higley, Rika Mouw, Susan Braund, Taz Tally and Terry Talbot all receive my gratitude, along with recognition here and on the Facebook page, as well as within the coffee table book and exhibit. They will also receive postcards from the road and personalized email updates! If you'd like to join this group of Go Fund Me friends, you can do so here -  Christina's Go Fund Me.

 












4 comments:

  1. I really like the Mark Nepo quote, it reminds us that by engaging with others we enhance our own experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already a Wonderful set of photographs, I am eager to watch the collection grow and evolve in expected and unexpected ways ...

    ReplyDelete

My Co-Pilot Sneaky